Become a Friend of the Arlington Planetarium
Past membership donations have saved the Planetarium from extinction. Be a supporter of Arlington’s grassroots, community-supported source of all things science. Become a member today and help your planetarium shine!
- Friends of the Planetarium e-newsletter (approximately monthly)
- Advance notification of Friends-sponsored events including new planetarium shows and science programs
- Invitations to members-only, FREE events, including the special December show
- Voting rights at the annual meeting
- Friends of the Planetarium is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so all membership dues are 100% tax deductible
How to Become a Friend of the Planetarium or Renew Your Membershp:
Online: Select the category of membership from the drop-down menu at the left and click Add to Cart. You can pay online with your credit card via PayPal.
Check: Send a check to the Friends of the Planetarium, P.O. Box 7029, Arlington, VA 22207. Please include a copy of the completed membership application form.
Types of Membership:
- Individual ($15/year): good for one person
- Family ($25/year): covers all household family members
- Sponsor ($50/year): a higher level of tax-deductible donation as well as individual or family membership
- Patron ($100/year): a sustaining tax-deductible donation that includes individual and family membership
- Lifetime ($1000/year): the highest membership level; fully tax-deductible and includes individual and family membership for life
How Are Dues Used?
All membership dues allow the purchase of new digital programming for community shows, sponsor planetarium training sessions for Arlington Public School (APS) teachers, assist with upgrades to the Planetarium facility, and support the David M. Brown scholarship for APS students.
How Long Does Membership Last?
The membership year has been set to coincide with the academic school year calendar. Our membership drive kicks off in September of each year, and the membership period runs from October 1 to September 30 of the following year.
Memberships can begin at any time during the year, and expire on the next September 30th. Since summer months can be a bit uneventful, if you become a member between June 30 and September 30, your membership will be extended through the next membership year.